Harvard Law School’s “Slutgate” — the sad spectacle of radical feminists being allowed to advertise their “Sex Week” events by filling the law school’s common spaces with “slut” language on posters, flyers, and even on chalk boards inside classrooms — turns out to be even more serious than previously indicated. In addition to violating Harvard Law School’s own regulations prohibiting “hate speech,” this “slutification” of the law school’s visual environment is also classifiable as “bullying” under the definition used by the Department of Health and Human Services, which is responsible for regulating all manner of federally subsidized educational institutions.
As pointed out in an essay in today’s Wall Street Journal by Nick Gillespie, the Department’s stopthebullying.gov website defines “bullying” as including “verbal bullying,” involving “saying or writing mean things,” including “name-calling” and “inappropriate sexual comments.” It would seem that the radical feminists’ posters, flyers, and chalkboarding referring to other women at the law school as “sluts,” arguing that they should have “Slut Pride,” and criticizing the 89% of them who don’t have multiple orgasms each day, fit this definition of “verbal bullying.”
Help stop the bullying at Harvard Law School, by helping bully the Harvard Law Slut Bullies into stopping their bullying behavior! Make them promise never to say or write the word “slut,” or say or write anything else of an explicitly sexual nature, in the common spaces of the law school, ever again.
To help stop the bullies, you need to know who they are. Below is a list, in alphabetical order, of the Harvard Law Slut Bullies who, shortly before starting their campaign of bullying, signed an open letter to Sandra Fluke saying they were standing with her in facing “the media storm,” thereby publicly outing themselves as members of the Harvard Law Students for Reproductive Justice and thus making them fair targets to call them “bullies” given the content of their “slut” advertising, and to launch a counter-bullying campaign against them.
(Previously this blog avoided naming any of the members of HLSRJ other than its president, but given the open letter signed by each of them indicating their willingness to stand in solidarity with Sandra Fluke in facing “the media storm,” it’s clear all the women in the organization are affirmatively seeking publicity in connection with the Sandra Fluke “slut” controversy and their participation in the organization while it planned and hosted “Sex Week,” including the “Slut Pride” activities and advertising).
1. Kate Aizpuru (J.D. class of 2014)
2. Krista Anderson (J.D. class of 2012)
3. Evelyn Atkinson (J.D. class of 2012)
4. Joanne Caceres (J.D. class of 2013)
5. Hather Catherwood (J.D. class of 2012)
6. Stephanie Davidson (J.D. class of 2013)
7. Kristi Jobson (J.D. class of 2012)
8. Natalie Knott (J.D. class of 2012)
9. Katherine Krascel (J.D. class of 2012)
10. Esther Lim (J.D. class of 2013)
11. Abbey Marr (J.D. class of 2013)
12. Lara Nico (J.D. class of 2012)
13. Danielle Purifoy (J.D. class of 2012)
14. Lara Shkerdoff (J.D. class of 2012)
15. Kandis Wood (J.D. class of 2013)
16. Jess Winer (J.D. class of 2014)
17. Alyssa Ursillo (J.D. & MPH class of 2014)
Note that the Harvard Law Slut Bullies comprise only about 1% of the student body at Harvard Law School. Sadly, only 1% of the student body has managed to subject the other 99% percent to “slut” language on the walls and chalk boards for the past week, without seeking their consent to having the visual environment polluted with such hate speech, language which President Obama has recently said “decent folks” don’t use in public. Thankfully it appears only 1% of the student body at Harvard Law School is indecent, as from the low attendance at the “Sex Week” events it does not appear that the Harvard Law Slut Bullies have substantially added to their membership roll. Still, having even one bully in an educational institution is one too many, so please, help stop the Harvard Law Slut Bullies!